Quick facts about Autism:
- 1 in 68 children have autism. 1 in 42 boys.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a disorder that hinders a child’s development of social and communication skills.
- Autism is a brain disorder that often makes it hard to communicate with and relate to others. With autism, the different areas of the brain fail to work together.
- It’s the fastest growing developmental disability in the US.
- Costs an average family $60,000 annually.
- There is no cure for autism.
- About 40% of those with autism, do not speak.
- Austim varies greatly person to person. No two people with autism are alike.
For more info: